Infectious Disease Medicine
PCCAB’s infectious disease specialists provide outpatient consultation and care to diagnose, evaluate, treat, prevent and manage a broad range of infections and related illnesses.
The challenge with infectious diseases is that the same infection can manifest itself in different forms. Having an organism grow in a clinical specimen does not always mean it is causing a problem; and non-infectious illnesses may look like an infection. Skilled specialists ask the right questions and choose specific diagnostics to uncover the root problem. Once the disease is pinpointed, there are a variety of treatment options to help you get back to good health.
PCCAB physicians have expertise in diagnosing diseases both common and rare. They specialize in providing patient-friendly care for immunocompromised patients and individuals with the following infectious diseases:
- Campylobacter infections
- Cardiovascular infections
- Clostridium difficile, also known as C. diff
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Fungal infections
- GastrointestinaI infections
- Hepatitis B
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Mycobacterial infections
- Nocardia infections
- Chronic and/or complex pulmonary infections
- Salmonella infections
- Staphylococcal/Streptoccoal infections and other skin and soft tissue infections
- Travel-related infections such as Entamoeba, E.coli and Giardia
- Unexplained fevers
- Urinary tract infections
For diagnosis and treatment for any of the above conditions, schedule an appointment with the Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates of Baltimore today.