Dear PCCAB Patients:
On May 15, 2020 Governor Hogan lifted the “Stay at Home” order transitioning to the “Safer at Home” phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in Maryland. For your wellness and safety, PCCAB providers will continue to deliver quality care via telemedicine for the majority of our patients. The week of May 18, 2020 PCCAB started to see a limited number of patients in our offices.
Telemedicine Visits are very successful for:
- Patients with active symptoms that are also symptoms of COVID-19: such as a Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell
- Patients recently discharged from the hospital
- Select patients with developing pulmonary issues
- Routine follow-up visits with your Pulmonologist, Allergist, Sleep Medicine or Infectious Disease Physician
- Patients with newly developed sleep issues
- Routine follow-up visits to monitor your Obstructive Sleep Apnea and CPAP therapy
- Mask fittings to trouble shoot any issues you may be having with your therapy
- PAP Set-up for patients starting PAP therapy
Please call us at 410-832-3400, option 1 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Scheduling: You must be scheduled with a provider and pre-screened by a staff member. PCCAB offices will not accept “walk-in” visits at this time.
- Reminder Calls: You will receive a call to confirm your appointment and assess any changes in your health.
- Not Feeling well: Please let our office know. For your safety and ours, we will reschedule your appointment via telemedicine.
- Notification of Arrival: Please call our office upon your arrival. Directions for each of our locations are linked here.
- Masks: You must wear a mask while in our office.
- Guests: Please attend your appointment alone. Let our staff know if you need further assistance at the time of scheduling your appointment.
- Screening: Patients and guests will have their temperature taken with a touch-less infrared thermometer and will be asked the PCCAB COVID-19 screening questions.
- Hand sanitizer: is available at each entrance and throughout our offices.
PCCAB SLEEP LAB TESTING SERVICES:
- ALL PCCAB Sleep labs are open for Obstructive Sleep Apnea testing and limited day-time sleepiness testing.
- Limited number of studies per night to ensure patient safety.
- Patients have a dedicated Registered Sleep Technician providing them clinical care, support and service focused on their safety while in our labs.
- Patients have a dedicated bathroom for use during their study at most of our labs. If a bathroom is shared, the assigned staff member will thoroughly clean the facility after each use. Showers are not available at this time.
- Temperature checks are conducted on all patients and staff entering our labs.
- Patient and staff are to wear a mask when entering the lab and throughout the night when accessing common areas and while the technician is setting up the patient for the study.
- Our cleaning service and staff are disinfecting all surfaces to ensure that our facility is clean and sanitized.
PCCAB HOME SLEEP TESTING SERVICES:
- Curbside pick-up and drop off of the testing device.
- Disposable devices available for patients that meet appropriate criteria and are unable to come in for curbside pick-up.
- Daily health assessment and temperature check of our staff at the beginning of each shift.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for all staff.
- Staff and providers are to wear a mask.
- Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the exam rooms after each patient and in our common areas.
- Plexiglas partitions will be in place at the reception desks
**PCCAB PFT Labs are not performing tests at this time.