Dear PCCAB Patients:
While we are still in the “Safer at Home” phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in Maryland, our PCCAB providers are putting your safety first. We will continue to deliver quality care via telemedicine and in-office visits for our patients as appropriate.
Telemedicine Visits are very successful for:
- Patients with active symptoms that are also symptoms of COVID-19: such as a Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell
- Patients recently discharged from the hospital
- Select patients with developing pulmonary issues
- Routine follow-up visits with your Pulmonologist, Allergist, Sleep Medicine or Infectious Disease Physician
- Patients with newly developed sleep issues
- Routine follow-up visits to monitor your Obstructive Sleep Apnea and CPAP therapy
- Mask fittings to trouble shoot any issues you may be having with your therapy
- PAP Set-up for patients starting PAP therapy
Please call us at 410-832-3400, option 1 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Scheduling: You must be scheduled with a provider and pre-screened by a staff member. PCCAB offices will not accept “walk-in” visits at this time.
- Reminder Calls: You will receive a call to confirm your appointment and assess any changes in your health.
- Not Feeling well: Please let our office know. For your safety and ours, we will reschedule your appointment via telemedicine.
- Notification of Arrival: Please proceed to our offices and ring the bell at the door. Upon arrival a staff member will go through the screening process.
- Masks: You must wear a mask while in our office.
- Guests: Please attend your appointment alone. Let our staff know if you need further assistance at the time of scheduling your appointment.
- Screening: Patients and guests will have their temperature taken with a touch-less infrared thermometer and will be asked the PCCAB COVID-19 screening questions.
- Hand sanitizer: is available at each entrance and throughout our offices.
PCCAB SLEEP LAB TESTING SERVICES:
- ALL PCCAB Sleep labs are open for Obstructive Sleep Apnea testing, CPAP Titration Studies and day-time sleepiness testing.
- Limited number of studies per night to ensure patient safety.
- Patients have a dedicated Registered Sleep Technician providing them clinical care, support and service focused on their safety while in our labs.
- Patients have a dedicated bathroom for use during their study at most of our labs. If a bathroom is shared, the assigned staff member will thoroughly clean the facility after each use. Showers are not available at this time.
- Temperature checks are conducted on all patients and staff entering our labs.
- Patient and staff are to wear a mask when entering the lab and throughout the night when accessing common areas and while the technician is setting up the patient for the study.
- Our cleaning service and staff are disinfecting all surfaces to ensure that our facility is clean and sanitized.
PCCAB HOME SLEEP TESTING SERVICES:
- Curbside pick-up and drop off of the testing device.
- Disposable devices available for patients that meet appropriate criteria and are unable to come in for curbside pick-up.
- Daily health assessment and temperature check of our staff at the beginning of each shift.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for all staff.
- Staff and providers are to wear a mask.
- Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the exam rooms after each patient and in our common areas.
- Plexiglas partitions are in place at the reception desks
**PCCAB PFT Labs are performing spirometry and limited other testing at this time.