Who We Are
The physicians of Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates of Baltimore (PCCAB) care for patients with diseases of the respiratory tract and hospitalized patients with complex, sometimes life-threatening, critical illnesses. PCCAB physicians have expertise in the diagnosis and management of disorders including asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, lung cancer, obstructive sleep apnea, occupational lung disease, pneumonia, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, respiratory failure, and sarcoidosis.
Physicians of PCCAB are board certified or board eligible in pulmonary medicine, critical care medicine and internal medicine. Several physicians are also board certified or board eligible in the specialty of sleep medicine. In addition to providing hospital and office based care of patients, the physicians of PCCAB are leaders in medical education with active roles in the training of medical students and resident physicians. PCCAB physicians direct the intensive care units at seven Baltimore area hospitals and admit patients to eleven hospitals in the Baltimore area.
PCCAB was established in July of 1996 by the merger of four smaller but well-established pulmonary and critical care medicine practices. The practice has grown to include 29 physicians, 17 physician assistants and nurse practitioners, and a supporting staff of respiratory therapists, medical assistants and licensed sleep technologists.
What We Do
- By managing ICUs PCCAB is capable of formulating system approaches to critical illness. This allows efficient and effective care. Institutions employing these services enjoy lower ICU length of stay and excellent ICU outcomes.
- An extensive experience with open-heart surgery pre and postoperative care contributes to excellent outcomes and efficiency.
- PCCAB offices provide care of outpatient pulmonary disease in a convenient and effective manner for the patient. A range of physiologic testing for the pulmonary patient is available.
- PCCAB physicians provide leadership in multiple institutions and in the community, including Chair of Medicine, Chief of Medical Staff, and Directorships of ICU, Pulmonary, and Sleep Services.
- PCCAB physicians are active in the training of residents, fellows, advanced practitioners and nurses in pulmonary and critical care.
- PCCAB is a leader in providing sleep medicine services and education at our outpatient centers as well as hospital owned labs.
- PCCAB is also a leader in asthma and allergy medicine and provides services to diagnose and treat patients.
- PCCAB’s leadership in pulmonary, critical care and sleep provides basis for physician activity as expert witnesses in the medical legal arena
- PCCAB is able to offer patients disease specific rehabilitative services that enhance their everyday lifestyles like pulmonary rehabilitation for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- PCCAB now offers care for patients with infectious diseases by a board certified physician.